WEBINAR: Go from Worrier to Warrior. Practical and Fun Stress Reduction
May 9 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm| $45
It is estimated that stress is responsible for 60-90% of doctor’s visits and, one million workers miss work each day because of stress, costing companies $602 per employee per year, according the American Institute of Stress. Stress affects memory, cognitive function, decision-making, ability to take responsibility for our actions and risk taking. It is imperative that we recognize that stress is not the problem – it’s our reaction to our stress and we can learn to control it. Acquire cutting edge self-care techniques – affirmations, visualization, mindfulness techniques and mini-meditations – that you can do on your own for better health. Some can be practiced for long-term benefit and others are perfect for an ‘in-the-moment’ event. Dr. Gruver will share her decades of experience and you will walk away inspired to make positive changes in your life.
During this seminar we will discuss:
- Recognize the emotional, physical and behavioral signs of stress.
- Examine current research on meditation, positive self-talk and visualization and how it can be incorporated into your workday to improve health outcomes and decrease stress.
- Learn a simple technique, known as a mini-meditation, to stop the stress response in its tracks.
- Understand how you can use your thoughts and words to boost immune function and increase reaction time, cognitive function, memory and decision-making.
- Discover how to incorporate mindfulness into your day even if you think you don’t have time.